What should your Control Framework include to satisfy SEBI requirements?
The Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) expects regulated firms to ensure compliance with its regulations and circulars and also ensure adherence to its code of conduct, as applicable to the concerned intermediary. It is expected by the Regulator that all registered intermediaries have a code of conduct for prevention of insider trading, written internal policies and control procedures governing the dealing and trading in securities, procedures and policies relating to KYC and AML & CFT and Chinese Wall policies, in addition to having in place adequate procedures and checklists for conducting due diligence in respect of capital market issuances.
How can CCL help?
We have extensive experience in helping firms to meet their regulatory obligations whilst also providing practical documentation that can add value to your business.
Our documentation services for SEBI Regulated firms include:
- Preparation of a compliance obligation set listing out the various regulatory obligations as prescribed by SEBI
- If you are a SEBI registered intermediary, we can help you to create your Compliance Framework which would include the following policies and manuals
- Compliance Manual
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Policy
- Client Acceptance Procedures including Risk Profiling of Clients, KYC procedures and checklist
- Procedures for establishing suitability of advice for investment advisors
- Code of Conduct
- Personal Trading Policy
- Chinese Wall Policies
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- If you are a Private Equity Fund registered with SEBI, we can assist your Firm and your investee companies in framing AML & CFT and Anti-bribery and corruption policies.
What should you do now?
Whether you require help with your documentation as part of your application for authorisation with SEBI, or if you have a specific requirement as an established firm, our lead SEBI consultant is ideally positioned to assist you, having held a senior role with one of the leading SEBI registered Merchant Bankers in India for nearly two decades.
To discuss your requirements with someone who truly understands the demands of SEBI, contact our Mumbai based team now.