What documentation does a RBI regulated firm need?
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) requires its regulated entities, including Banks and Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs), to have a comprehensive and detailed suite of documentation to ensure compliance with the guidelines, instructions, and notifications issued by the RBI periodically.
The type of Firm you are and the regulated business you conduct will determine the mandatory documentation you need to have in place.
How can CCL help your RBI regulated Firm?
We can assist you with the RBI regulatory requirements by reviewing your current control framework and, where necessary, recommend amendments or create policies and procedures that will not only satisfy the RBI's requirements but also support the smooth running of your business.
Our documentation services for RBI regulated firms include:
- Preparation of a compliance obligation set listing out the various regulatory obligations as prescribed by the RBI
- Reviewing your current control framework to ensure that it meets the mandatory RBI requirements
- Framing mandatory policies such as:
- Compliance Policy
- Outsourcing Policy
- Loan Policy
- Investment Policy
- KYC, AML and CFT Policy
- Customer service related policies
- Risk Management Policy
- Record Maintenance Policy
- Information Technology Policy
- Audit Policy (including concurrent audit and information system audit)
- Comprehensive Deposit Policy
- Dealing Room Policy
- Business Continuity Plan
What should you do now?
Whether you require help with your documentation as part of your application for authorisation with the RBI or if you have a specific requirement as an established Firm, our lead RBI consultant is ideally positioned to assist you having held a senior role with the RBI for more than 40 years.
To discuss your requirements with someone who truly understands the demands of the RBI, contact our Mumbai based team now.